Thank you for visiting the Anew: The Distant Light press kit page. Here you will find a variety of media and information useful for blogs, podcasts, and website article publications. For additional information, interview requests, or any other PR-related requests, please email email@example.com.
Game Key Art
Game Key Art - PNG with Transparency
Studio Key Art
Studio Key Art - PNG with Transparency
Player Character Key Art
Anew: The Distant Light is a single-player, open-world action and adventure game for PC and console platforms. You are a child with limited resources, waking up on a distant alien moon, twenty light years from Earth. Discover a mysterious, interconnected alien world and carry out a mission of critical importance. Earn game-changing equipment through skillful combat and solving puzzles. Customize your gear, pilot insane vehicles, and repair your powerful home ship for the ultimate advantage. Inspired by classic games like Metroid, Cave Story, Limbo, and Dark Souls, Anew: The Distant Light will appeal to fans of platforming, combat, exploration, and visual storytelling.
Key Gameplay Features
- Explore a massive, hand-crafted game world filled with diverse environments, strange life forms, puzzles, and surprises.
- Forge your own path through dozens of hours of nonlinear gameplay.
- Discover unique, game-changing weapons and equipment.
- Traverse the alien moon by climbing, swimming, jetpacking, skating, swinging, jumping across planetoids with their own gravity, and more.
- Battle a huge cast of enemy creatures, machines, and screen-filling bosses.
- Lay waste to deadly enemies by piloting powerful vehicles like the giant mech, dune buggy, rocket, and flying saucer.
- Unlock your Hope home ship to upgrade your suit and weapons, fast travel to distant areas in the game world, and more.
- Collect exotic microchips and optimize your suit’s programming for your play style or to overcome a specific challenge.
- Survive the burning alien sun, which creates a cycle of changing hazards, enemies, and rewards.
- Show what you’re made of through a high skill cap featuring tough, but fair challenges.
- Maintain complete control over an extremely agile hero, designed from day one for tight analog twin stick and mouse + keyboard play.
- Unravel several mysterious narrative threads – each communicated through visuals, sound, and music.
- Immerse yourself in a surreal, beautiful alien world, thanks to a gorgeous original score by award-winning composer Wilbert Roget, II.
Project History & Facts
- Anew: The Distant Light is the first game from Resonator Interactive, a two-man independent video game studio founded by veteran game developers Steve Copeland and Jeff Spoonhower. Resonator aims to create new interactive worlds with exciting stories, fun gameplay, and beautiful art and sound.
- The game is approaching Beta status, no release date has been announced.
- The game was successfully Kickstarted in March 2017.
- Original music by the award-winning composer, Wilbert Roget, II (Call of Duty: WWII, Mortal Kombat 11, Destiny 2: Forsaken, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris).
- Current launch plan includes PC first, followed by consoles.
Team Member Bios
Steve Copeland: Resonator Co-Founder, Game Director, Programming, has been a Software Engineer, Senior Designer, and Lead Designer at Electronic Arts, Bioware, Westwood Studios, and Petroglyph on game franchises like Command & Conquer, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings.
Jeff Spoonhower: Resonator Co-Founder, Art Director, Story, Sound, has worked as a Senior Animator, Lead Cinematic Artist, and Senior Video Editor at Electronic Arts, Sony Computer Entertainment of America, Volition, and 2K Games on projects like Borderlands 2, Bioshock 2, Saints Row 1-4, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Syphon Filter, NFL Street, and many more. Jeff is an Assistant Professor of Film and Digital Media Production at the University of Notre Dame. He teaches courses in computer animation, sound and music design, and creative development.