Thank you for visiting the Anew: The Distant Light press kit page. Here you will find a variety of media and information useful for blogs, podcasts, and website article publications. For additional information, interview requests, or any other PR-related requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Game Key Art
Game Key Art - PNG with Transparency
Studio Key Art
Player Character Key Art
Anew: The Distant Light is a single-player, open-world, side-scrolling action and adventure game for PC and console platforms. You are a child with limited resources, waking up on a distant alien moon, twenty light years from Earth. You must carry out a mission of critical importance. Battle, puzzle, and journey through an exotic and dangerous world. Seek out game-changing equipment, upgrades, and vehicles to expand your options for combat and exploration. Inspired by classic games like Metroid, Cave Story, Limbo, and Dark Souls, Anew: The Distant Light will appeal to fans of platforming, combat, exploration, and visual storytelling.
Key Gameplay Features
- Massive game world to explore, filled with mysteries, puzzles, and surprises.
- Deep combat and progression mechanics.
- Diverse ways of getting around: climbing, swimming, jetpacking, skating, swinging, jumping across planetoids with their own gravity, and more.
- Wildly different and powerful vehicles that you can pilot: giant mechs, alien tanks, dune buggies, rockets, and flying saucers.
- Massive Hope home ship evolves with you and is a playable zone unto itself.
- Alien moon rotates under a blazing hot sun, creating a cycle of changing hazards, enemies, and rewards.
- A unique story communicated solely through visuals, sound, and music.
Project History & Facts
- Anew: The Distant Light is the first game from Resonator, a two-man independent video game studio founded by veteran game developers Steve Copeland and Jeff Spoonhower. Resonator aims to create new interactive worlds with exciting stories, fun gameplay, and beautiful art and sound.
- The game is approaching early Alpha status, no release date has been announced.
- The game was successfully Kickstarted in March 2017.
- Original music by the award-winning composer, Wilbert Roget, II (Call of Duty: WWII, Mortal Kombat 11, Destiny 2: Forsaken, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris).
- Donation site with backer rewards is located at https://anewthegame.com/supportus/.
- Current launch plan includes PC first, followed by consoles.
- Extremely accurate and responsive player controls, designed for dual analog stick controllers.
- High skill cap, but not overly difficult to progress and complete.
- Over 40 hours of gameplay (for the completionist playing leisurely).
Team Member Bios
Steve Copeland: Resonator Co-Founder, Game Director, Programming, has been a Software Engineer, Senior Designer, and Lead Designer at Electronic Arts, Bioware, Westwood Studios, and Petroglyph on game franchises like Command & Conquer, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings.
Jeff Spoonhower: Resonator Co-Founder, Art Director, Story, Sound, has worked as a Senior Animator, Lead Cinematic Artist, and Senior Video Editor at Electronic Arts, Sony Computer Entertainment of America, Volition, and 2K Games on projects like Borderlands 2, Bioshock 2, Saints Row 1-4, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Syphon Filter, NFL Street, and many more. Jeff is an Assistant Professor of Film and Digital Media Production at the University of Notre Dame. He teaches courses in computer animation, sound and music design, and creative development.